This five day course leads to the ITIL Certificate – Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is the over-arching course needed to achieve the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. This course is suitable for individuals who require a detailed understanding of ITIL Lifecycle... READ MORE
* Initial price shown is the base price for courses at Heywood.
Other venues may have additional supplements.
* Price excludes VAT which will be added at the prevailing rate.
This five day course leads to the ITIL Certificate – Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is the over-arching course needed to achieve the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
This course is suitable for individuals who require a detailed understanding of ITIL Lifecycle Management and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
It is particularly suitable for: CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
The course will consist of formal lecturing, group discussions, in-course assignments, and a practice examination paper. Days one to four will consist of detailed learning activities with evening assignments. The morning of day five will be devoted to revision and exam preparation. The examination will take place after lunch on day five.
Key concepts of the service lifecycle
• Managing services and service management
• The service lifecycle
• Service value across the different stages of the service lifecycle
Communication and stakeholder management
• Co-ordination of business relationship management across the service lifecycle, and the role of
• business relationship management in communication
• Stakeholder management and communication
• The value of good communication and ensuring its flow across the service lifecycle.
Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
• The integration of service management processes through the service lifecycle
• The impact of service strategy on other service lifecycle stages
• The value of a service lifecycle perspective when designing service solutions
• The inputs and outputs of processes and stages in the service lifecycle
• The value to business and the interfaces of all processes in the ITIL service lifecycle.
Managing services across the service lifecycle
• Identification and assessment of customer and stakeholder needs and requirements across all service lifecycle stages, and ensuring appropriate priority is given to them
• How the service design package provides a link between service design, service transition and service operation
• Managing cross-lifecycle processes to ensure appropriate impact and involvement at all required service lifecycle stages
• Implementing and improving services, using key sources of information for identifying the need for improvement
• The challenges, critical success factors and risks of the service lifecycle stages, and potential conflicts and competing issues across the service lifecycle.
Governance and organization
• Organizational structure, skills and competence
• Service provider types and service strategies.
• Measuring and demonstrating business value
• Determining and using metrics
• Design and development of measurement frameworks and methods
• Monitoring and control systems
• Use of event management tools to increase visibility of the infrastructure and IT service delivery.
Implementing and improving service management capability
• Implementing service management
• Assessing service management
• Improving service management
• Key considerations for the implementation and improvement of both the service management practice and the services themselves
• Key considerations when planning and implementing service management technologies
In order to attend this course, students must have accumulated at least 17 points from a combination of ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle or Capability Courses.
The ITIL Qualification Scheme is explained here.
Please Note: Any applicable exam fees are not included in the prices quoted.
You can choose to include or exclude the exam on the booking page.
4-8 March 2019 - Heywood (Manchester)
29 April-3 May 2019 - London
17-21 June 2019 - London