This 4½ day course leads to the ITIL Certificate - Operational Support and Analysis (OSA). This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service... READ MORE
* Initial price shown is the base price for courses at Heywood.
Other venues may have additional supplements.
* Price excludes VAT which will be added at the prevailing rate.
This 4½ day course leads to the ITIL Certificate - Operational Support and Analysis (OSA). This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
This course is designed for individuals who require a deep understanding of Operational Support and Analysis functions and processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation. These will include include:
• Event Management,
• Incident Management,
• Request Fulfilment,
• Problem Management,
• Access Management,
• Service Desk,
• Technical Management,
• IT Operations Management
and Application Management.
The course will consist of formal lecturing, group discussions, in course assignments, and a practice examination paper.
Days one to four will consist of detailed learning activities with evening assignments. The morning of day 5 will be devoted to the examination which will be completed before lunch.
• The value to the business of OSA activities
• How OSA activities support the service lifecycle
• Optimizing service operation performance
• How the processes in OSA interact with other service lifecycle processes• How to use the OSA processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
• How to measure OSA
• The importance of IT security and its contributions to OSA
• Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding OSA
• The challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks associated with OSA
• Specific emphasis on the service operation lifecycle processes and roles included in:
o Event management, which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
o Incident management, which has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible and according to agreed service levels
o Request fulfilment, which fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products
o Problem management, which prevents problems and resulting incidents from happening, eliminating recurring incidents and minimizing the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
o Access management, which grants authorized users the right to use a service while preventing access to non-authorized users.
• Operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages such as:
o Change management
o Service asset and configuration management
o Release and deployment management
o Capacity management
o Availability management
o Knowledge management
o Financial management for IT services
o IT service continuity management.
• Organizing for service operation which describes roles and functions to be performed within the service operation and support such as service desk, technical management, IT operations management and application management.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate).
Candidates should bring their certificate(s) with them to complete the registration process on the first day of the course.
ITIL3-RCV - Release, Control and Validation. (5 days).
ITIL3-SOA - Service Offerings and Agreement. (5 days).
ITIL3-PPO – Planning Protection & Optimisation. (5 days).
ITIL3-MAL – Managing across the Lifecycle. (5 days).
If your goal is to attain the coveted ITIL "Expert" qualification, you should consider our "bundle" of courses to get you there in the most cost-effective way.
The ITIL Expert Capability bundle includes all of the Capability courses and the over-arching Managing Across the Lifecycle and is offered considerably cheaper than booking them separately.
Worried about committing to dates so far ahead? Stop worrying - we are always willing to transfer you to an alternative date - just give us 4 week's notice and there will be no additional charge.
Please Note: Any applicable exam fees are not included in the prices quoted.
You can choose to include or exclude the exam on the booking page.
3-7 September 2018 - Heywood (Manchester)
21-25 January 2019 - Heywood (Manchester)
3-7 June 2019 - Heywood (Manchester)
1-4 October 2018 - Reading