This course leads to the ITIL® Certificate – Service Design. This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. This course is suitable for... READ MORE
* Initial price shown is the base price for courses at Heywood.
Other venues may have additional supplements.
* Price excludes VAT which will be added at the prevailing rate.
This course leads to the ITIL® Certificate – Service Design. This is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
This course is suitable for individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Design phase of the ITIL core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
It is particularly suitable for: CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Design stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
The course will consist of formal lecturing, group discussions, in-course assignments, and a practice examination paper. Days one to three will consist of detailed learning activities with evening assignments. The live exam will take place at the end of Day 3.
Introduction to service design
• The purpose, goals and objectives of service design
• The scope of service design
• The business value of service design activities
• The context of service design in the ITIL service lifecycle
• Service design inputs and outputs and the contents and use of the service design package and service acceptance criteria
Service design principles
• Design service solutions related to a customer’s needs
• Design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value
• The measurement systems and metrics
• Service design models to accommodate different service solutions
Service design processes
• The interaction of service design processes
• The flow of service design as it relates to the business and customer
• The five design aspects and how they are incorporated into the service design process
Service design technology-related activities
• Requirements engineering in the design process and utilizing the three types of requirements as identified for any system; functional, management/operations and usability
• The design of technical architectures for data and information management, and application management
Organizing for service design
• How to design, implement and populate a RACI diagram for any process that is within the scope of IT service management
• The service design roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used and how a service design organization would be structured to use these roles
• Service design related service management tools, where and how they would be used
• The benefits and types of tools that support service design
Implementation and improvement of service design
• The six-stage implementation/improvement cycle and how the activities in each stage of the cycle are applied
• How business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment can affect service design solutions
Challenges, critical success factors and risks
• Be able to provide insight and guidance for design challenges, risks and critical success factors
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate).
Candidates should bring their certificate(s) with them to complete the registration process on the first day of the course.
ITIL-PRAC - ITIL® Practitioner
ITIL-SS - Service Strategy
ITIL-ST - Service Transition
ITIL-SO - Service Operation
ITIL-CSI - Continual Service Improvement
ITIL-MAL - Managing Across the Lifecycle
If your goal is to attain the coveted ITIL "Expert" qualification, you should consider our "bundle" of courses to get you there in the most cost-effective way.
The ITIL Expert Lifecycle bundle includes all of the Lifecycle courses and the over-arching Managing Across the Lifecycle and is offered considerably cheaper than booking them separately.
Worried about committing to dates so far ahead? Stop worrying - we are always willing to transfer you to an alternative date - just give us 4 week's notice and there will be no additional charge.
Please Note: Any applicable exam fees are not included in the prices quoted.
27-29 April 2020 - Heywood (Manchester)
7-9 September 2020 - Heywood (Manchester)
27-29 January 2020 - London
20-22 April 2020 - London