This classroom based course leads to the qualification “ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management”. The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from: • Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework... READ MORE
* Initial price shown is the base price for courses at Heywood.
Other venues may have additional supplements.
* Price excludes VAT which will be added at the prevailing rate.
This classroom based course leads to the qualification “ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management”.
The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
• Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
• IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
The purpose of the course is to ensure that students gain an understanding of the IT processes than manage IT services from their concept stage through design and development and safely into a production environment. In ITIL these stages are known as: Service Strategy; Service Design; Service Transition; and Service Operation. Students will also appreciate the concept of continual service improvement and quality control.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to understand
• Service management as a practice (comprehension)
• The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
• Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
• Key principles and models (comprehension)
• Selected processes (awareness)
• Selected functions (awareness)
• Selected roles (awareness)
• Technology and architecture (awareness)
• Competence and training (awareness).
Service Management as a practice -
The Service Lifecycle -
Key Concepts -
Key Principles and Models -
Continual Service Improvement
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification should have a general awareness of IT and appreciation of their own business environment and should take the opportunity to do some pre-course reading focusing on the documentation provided.
Intermediate Capability Courses
ITIL-OSA Operational Support and Analysis (5 days)
ITIL-RCV Release Control and Validation (5 days)
ITIL-SOA Service Offerings and Agreements (5 days)
ITIL-PPO Planning Protection & Optimisation (5 days)
ITIL-PRAC ITIL Practitioner (3 days)
Please Note: Any applicable exam fees are not included in the prices quoted.
2-4 March 2020 - Heywood (Manchester)
18-20 November 2019 - London
23-25 September 2019 - Reading