This classroom based course leads to the BCS examination and qualification “ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management”. The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from: • Individuals who require a basic understanding of... READ MORE
* Initial price shown is the base price for courses at Heywood.
Other venues may have additional supplements.
* Price excludes VAT which will be added at the prevailing rate.
This classroom based course leads to the BCS examination and qualification “ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management”.
The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
• Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
• IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
The purpose of the course is to ensure that students gain an understanding of the IT processes than manage IT services from their concept stage through design and development and safely into a production environment. In ITIL these stages are known as: Service Strategy; Service Design; Service Transition; and Service Operation. Students will also appreciate the concept of continual service improvement and quality control.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to understand
• Service management as a practice (comprehension)
• The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
• Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
• Key principles and models (comprehension)
• Selected processes (awareness)
• Selected functions (awareness)
• Selected roles (awareness)
• Technology and architecture (awareness)
• Competence and training (awareness).
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification should have a general awareness of IT and appreciation of their own business environment and should take the opportunity to do some pre-course reading focusing on the documentation provided.
Intermediate Capability Courses
ITIL3-OSA Operational Support and Analysis (5 days) course outline
ITIL3-RCV Release Control and Validation (5 days) courses outine
ITIL3-SOA Service Offerings and Agreements (5 days) course outline
ITIL3-PPO Planning Protection & Optimisation (5 days) course outline
To book any of these dates, please see below.
Please Note: Any applicable exam fees are not included in the prices quoted.
You can choose to include or exclude the exam on the booking page.
27-29 November 2017 - Heywood (Manchester)
15-17 January 2018 - Heywood (Manchester)
5-7 March 2018 - Heywood (Manchester)
9-11 April 2018 - Heywood (Manchester)
30 October-1 November 2017 - London ** Special Offer **
13-15 November 2017 - London
11-13 December 2017 - London
6-8 November 2017 - Reading